LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image from memory pointer

Hi, I am using a 3rd part analog grabber (Euresys PICOLO) and I am using it in Labview using ActiveX. Now I am acquiring the image (I see it in ActiveX interface) and I have a pointer to memory area where the image is stored.

Now I have to convert the image in memory to Image type in order to elaborate acquired images with Vision tools.

I am using the method in the attached file, but it doesn't work (terminates with the error "Memory or data structure corrupt" in block "unflatten from string"). The G programming languagestring is empty, but if I use MemPeek function instead of CharPtrToString, I see that I am pointing to a non-void memory area (I see a string with unknown chars).

What could be the problem?

Regards,

Claudio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,379 Views)

Hi wolf82

The manufacturer of the Picolo Eursys may have a DLL that you can call from LabVIEW to configure the settings not exposed in its Direct Show configuration.  If this is the case this would be an easy way to configure the camera and continue using the IMAQdx drivers (which would be preferable to using ActiveX).

Unfortunately error 116 could be caused by many things.  Which function actually generates the error?  Where are you getting the pointer to the image in memory?

Could you try to rebuild the image programmatically from pointer to image?

ciao!

Message 2 of 2
(2,356 Views)