From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image acquisition using PCI 1426 and Camera Link Camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to write a program to capture images in LabVIEW from a Camera Link camera via PCI 1426 frame grabber. The problem that I am facing is that I am unable to find the correct controls in the functions pallet to start the image capture. Could someone please tell me which control I am supposed to use?

I worked on similar application sometime back, where I used a IEEE 1394 camera, so once I find the correct block diagram controls I should be able to take it from there.

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,105 Views)
You will need to use the IMAQ VIs. Open up the Example Finder by navigating to Help -> Find Examples and then choose Hardware Input and Output -> IMAQ.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,085 Views)

Hi Adnan,

I looked in the example as you mentioned. But, there is no IMAQ under hardware input and output. I am guessing that I havent installed some tool kits!

any idea what that would be?

Thanks,

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,077 Views)

When I open MAX and see the list of software installed I can see IMAQ 4.0, IMAQ for 1394 and IMAQ I/O 2.1.

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,069 Views)
Hi Sandeep!

If you do not see any IMAQ VIs in your functions palette it is likely a result of installing the IMAQ driver before LabVIEW.  You can go to the Windows Control Panel  (Start >> Settings >> Control Panel [in WindowsXP]), and then to Add/Remove Programs >> National Instruments Software >>Change/ Remove >> NI-IMAQ >> Repair.  Once the driver is repaired, restart LabVIEW and check to see if the VIs are there.  As far as the examples go, if you choose to Modify NI-IMAQ instead, you can verify or add support for examples.  Once support is added for examples, restart LabVIEW and the examples should now appear in the Example Finder. 

I hope this helps!  Have a great one!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandeepchinni

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been able to solve this issue. I think what was causing the problem was that I have LabVIEW 8.6 installed on my system and had Vision Acquisition System(VAS) 8.5.1. But, once I installed VAS 8.6 I could see the IMAQ in the functions pallette.

I am guessing LabVIEW 8.6 does not recognise the toolkits from previous versions.

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,049 Views)