LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Logging in VBAI

Hi,

I have an inspection on Vision Builder.  The smart camera used is NI1752.  It is connected to a PLC which is connected to the PC.  I am able to acquire image and do the inspection on VBAI.  I now want to save the image.  When I try to use the image logging step using FTP, I get FTP login error.  Testing the FTP in the image logging step shows that connection is created.  I created the FTP server using Filezilla.

I understand that the camera is not able to access the FTP.  Can someone tell me what configuration I should use for the FTP?  

Alternately, I put 127.0.0.0 as the FTP address, and the image is being saved on the camera.  Is there a way, like using a Labview VI (in run Labview VI step), to save the image onto the system?

Best,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,579 Views)

I attached an LLB to put on the target and you can use a Run LabVIEW step to call "FTP LogOn Test.vi". Use the appropraite login parameters and it will return the error code if there's a problem using FTP and you can go to LabVIEW's Help>>Explain Error to get more details. I have used Cerberus FTP Server in the past, but FileZilla should be fine too, it can just be tricky to enable the accounts and settings right. You may need to log in as "anonymous" as the user name.

Some other options for getting images from target to host include:

1. Using a Run LabVIEW VI as you mentioned with FTP capabilities. I included the original project I used to build the LLB if you want to add to it, but if you can get FTP working, I would use the Image Logging step for simplicity. If you can't get Image logging working, than Run LV won't help. Something that is worth noting is that the Image and Data Logging steps in VBAI use local connections on your host PC when you hit the test button when editing the step, so this FTP test may behave differently than what the Smart Camera will do when the step actually runs on the smart camera in inspection mode. So even if it fails when editing the step, try running the inspection in Inspection mode. Using the Run LabVIEW step always runs the code on the target, so if you can get that working, we can get the VBAI Logging step towork as well (even though editing the step may report an FTP error when testing....this is something I hope to fix in a future release).

2. On your Host PC, use the VBAI API in LabVIEW to run the inspection and you can load inspections on the Smart Camera, run them, and get results and images, which you could then log to disk on your PC.

3. Use an image shared variable on the target and read that variable on your host. This won't be synchronized unless you have some kind of handshaking to control when the Smart Camera acquires images.

4. Save the images locally on the Smart Camera and have a program on your host PC use FTP or WebDAV to read images off the smart camera and delete them.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Download All
Message 2 of 2
(2,542 Views)