From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore certain values when graphing

Hi all,

I am currently using labview to automatically QC check data from a weather station. I have one VI that checks the incomming data for errors and outputs the data with any corrections to a text file. I have another VI that opens the text file and graphs the results. If the first VI finds a obvious error, it exchanges the bad data point with -9999 to make sure the error is obvious. Therefore, a series of temperature data may start like this: 45,45.4,800,46.5,47.3 and end up like this 45,45.4,-9999,46.5,47.3

My question is this. Is there anyway to have labview ignore certain values when graphing. I need the auto ranging feature turned on to insure that the graphs are legible, but if the -9999 value is included it creates a problem when the scales try to incorporate it. I need to be able to set labview to graph everything but to ignore the -9999 value when determining the scale. This would create an auto-ranged graph with the -9999 value simply going off the graph.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,429 Views)
You can replace the -9999 values in your array data with the double precision value NaN (Not a Number - you can actually type that into a numeric control). LabVIEW will leave an empty spot when graphing, and it won't upset your autoscaling.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,424 Views)
Jarrod,

Thanks for the help. It worked perfectly.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,406 Views)