LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If mapping mode of scale of graph can be "reciprocal" ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, everyone, I want to set mapping mode of scale of graph as "reciprocal" [1], but the built-in options are merely "linear" and "logarithmic". I've tried various solutions and all failed[2]. Does anyone have some ideas to fix this problem? Thanks a lot . 

[1]: "Reciprocal" I used here refers to, e.g., the markers 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 are aligned equally separated,  just like 1, 10, 100, 1000 are aligned equally separated for logarithmic scale.

[2]

A) I tried to invoke the position of marker by property node so that I can give manually assign their value. Unfortunately, property node merely contains the position of entire scale rather than positions of each markers.

B) I tried to assign cluster/string to markers' value, e.g., 2(1/2), 3(1/3)..., so that where one part could be used to align the markers (and later I just need to mask them with a graph) and the other can be used shown to user. Still, unfortunately, labview only accepts number and time as value of marker, rejecting cluster or string. (P.S. I wonder how labview plots histogram if value of marker rejects string?)

C) I explored the more general "picture" control, and it also does not offer customized scale markers.

D) I explored VI script to check if this one offers the access to customized scale markers. So far, I do not get an answer and I am still continuing.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,602 Views)

Hi Joshua,

after all those explorations I guess you already "paint"/"draw" the scale markers on your own, either using a string indicator or a 2D picture indicator…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,552 Views)

Hi, Gerd,

I'm sorry I've not finished that, esp., the "string" method (method B) ), because labview does not accept string or cluster as value of marker. Do you know how to realize this idea, or could you please give an example? 

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,

Joshua

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,536 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joshua_xxf

Hi Joshua,

Do you know how to realize this idea

Hide the default axis.

Then draw your own using a string indicator or a 2D picture indicator…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,534 Views)

Hi, Gerd, 

Thank you very much. I've understood what you mean.

Previously I think that string indicators, on one hand, can act as markers inside a scale , but, on the other hand, the number of indicators and position have to be given in advance and fixed thereby, not self-adjusting according to the  range of scale  as markers. 

But now I find a solution: automatically feed the position of indicators according to the range of scale, and for the indicators not necessary (I put excessive indicators, more than markers) when there are not too many markers,  let them become invisible. Finally, both the position and "number" of indicators can follow the range of scale as markers. 

Best wishes,

Joshua

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,505 Views)