LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying a circle in camera image

I need to identify circular object using a camera and how do I go about it?

Does the FindCircleVI works? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,225 Views)

I need to identify circular object using a camera and how do I go about it?

Does the FindCircleVI works? 

I tried using that but it doesn't show how I go about it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,228 Views)

Hi

You can use the Imaq Find Circle Edge 3 function to find the circle object in a image. Before going into LabVIEW develop your algorithm in NI Vision Assistant. It will be very easy to use environment, so  you can easily develop your logic.

Happy to Wire
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,172 Views)

Hi there, thank you for replying. May I check how do I go about it if inside the vision assistant it says "IMAGE TOO SMALL"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,158 Views)

Hi there, thank you for replying. May I check how do I go about it if inside the vision assistant it says "IMAGE TOO SMALL"

This allows me to track for circular object for moving object right? Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,158 Views)

@vimboting wrote:

Change the resolution of image proportionally  for X and Y, by which you can avoid the Small Image Issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,147 Views)

-Can you provide your code and sample images?

-What camera are you using and how you are acquiring images?

-What type of images are you receiving?(Color, Gray scale, Binary)

-What function/algorithm you are using to detect circles?

-Often it happens that the image is overwritten or destroyed during the processing and it can throw the error image too small.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,126 Views)