LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS "Property node" or "Queue in/out" wrong??

I am debug a issue with this exist labview project.
I expect, when I scan a serial, it will run both Tracks and Flipper

(1) The problem are sometime, Track Calibration status and Flipper Calibration status
will run, sometime they will NOT RUN.
(2) some time only Track Calibration will run.
but NOT Flipper Calibration status.
Look the inside vi,
(3) From "Call Progress" Property node.

How the Serial Information transfer to "Obtain Queue" ?

(4) From "Run Test" "Tracks" "Flipper" and "Both"

How "Obtain Queue" know which one is select?

(5) How is "Queue in " and "queue out" works in the project?

(6) Please let me know why I have (1) and (2) issues.
(7) How do I change to do what I expect?

Thank you for help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,274 Views)

I would like to help, but I am not going to download every single one of those files.  Put them in a zip file so it is only 1 download and save everybody a bunch of time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,240 Views)

Hi zy6,

I took a look at the project you uploaded (thanks for all the files, that's very helpful. However, perhaps if you have multiple files in future you could consider a .zip file or similar 🙂 )

When you click "Scan UUT", the first Event Structure fires an event and calls Prompt for SN.vi. This VI is the one which enqueues the settings to test.

I'm not exactly sure of the behaviour - I expected it to pop up when run but it appears as though (at least when opened in LV2017) that it is not set to Open when Run. Perhaps it has some other method to open it (like you open it before you start?)

After you carry out the process here, the settings are enqueued with the constant "Both", for the {Tracks,Flipper,Both} enum.

I would expect therefore that it always runs both.

Given this is not the case, perhaps you can take a look at either the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit (if you have it, accessible via Tools > Profile > Trace Execution...") or use the lightbulb to track progress through the Calibration.vi, which is called by reference. The inputs are passed to it as variants.

Track Calibration runs before Flipper Calibration, so it might be that an error in the Track Calibration case of Calibration.vi is causing your problem. I'd suggest taking a look at "Command Line Pipes for Test Engine.vi" - unfortunately I don't think this was included in your collection of files.

GCentral
Message 3 of 5
(2,234 Views)

Thanks

(1)  When I click the command Line Pipes for test Engine.vi.

It shown file name is Command Line Pipes for Test Engine.vi:287001(clone).

why there is :287001(clone)?

and I could not find this file in the folder.

Is this will cause problem?

(2)  when I turn the lightbulb to track 

the "FirstLook Cal Engine.vi " when sometime Both Tracks and Flipper are not run.

I saw it keep run the for loop for ever.

never go to next . what is cause this?

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,196 Views)

When you see :weirdnumber(clone) it means that the VI is reentrant. This setting can be seen by opening the VI Properties and then going to the "Execution" panel/drop-down option. You can typically find the original in the Project Window, either in the project (as in, as a normal VI file) or sometimes stored in the Dependencies category at the bottom (this is collapsed by default).

If the Dependencies isn't visible at the bottom of your project, you can show it via the Project > Filter View > Dependencies option in the project window menu.

The only thing that should stop your top loop is the Stop button. Otherwise, it should keep running. If the Start button causes the VI to hang, then it's probably related to it not ever exiting the subVI (Prompt for SN.vi). In that case, check that you're fulfilling the requirements of the VI (I might suggest setting it to open when called, but I'm not sure there isn't some existing code doing that...)

GCentral
Message 5 of 5
(2,187 Views)