LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRIG and 1 PPS to FlexRIO

Hello,

I am trying to pipe in IRIG and 1 PPS data to my 7972R FlexRio device.

From my understanding (I also made a post about it), to pipe in an external clock, I would use NI-Sync and just set the destination location as shown (attached) (also why cant I set it to the backplane and only PXI_CLK10_IN?). From my research, for IRIG and 1PPS I would need the 6683 since it can decode IRIG and 1PPS. 

My question here is how would I pipe data to the FlexRio? I tried using the IO nodes and such to no avail. There doesn't seem to be an option to pipe in data from the backplane to the FlexRio (granted I am a newbie). From other threads, it seems like I need to create a read/write control (https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Transfer-data-between-FlexRIO-7962R-NI-5781-and-PXI-7853R/td-p/3796...) ?

I even tried using user controlled I/O sampling to no avail. It appears that I can only use the internal FLexRIO clock. 

Is there any way to pipe my external clock to the flexRIO too?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,821 Views)

Which, if any, FlexRIO Adapter Module are you using? Is anything connected to the 7972?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,765 Views)

currently nothing is connected to the 7972 (didn't think it was necessary since I was just using it for proof of concept). I have the 6583 and 6584 modules to use. If I attach those, would is there some option for an external clock/IRIG/1PPS?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,749 Views)