From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address

Is it possible to control or get input from a dvr using it's IP address in LabVIEW if yes How can we do that.

Thanks in advance

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,201 Views)

You need to contact the manufacturer of the DVR.  LabVIEW is a programming language that will allow you to do pretty much anything, as long as the manufacturer of the device put the appropriate features into its device to allow you to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,192 Views)

I just want to know that is there any provision there to communicate to an instrument using it's IP address?

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,153 Views)
Of course. You have a palette for TCP/IP functions. You also have VISA.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,150 Views)

Acutually I am using a dvr and how would I get the vedios from that using the TCP/IP functions?

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,133 Views)
As already said, you need to get that sort of information from the vendor. What didn't you understand about that answer?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,129 Views)

thank you

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,125 Views)

I have contacted the manufacturer , it is possible to access that through browser using the IP address .

If it can do so ,it is possible by labview right? How to do that with LabVIEW

Can u mention some functions?

@nk
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,109 Views)

If you can query the information through a browser then the device speaks HTTP. HTTP is a text based protocol and can be implemented in LabVIEW too on top of the TCP/IP nodes. You may be able to use the HTTP client VIs to request the according page from the device, but will have to parse the returned HTML text for the information you need. Definitely doable but parsing a complicated format like HTML isn't exactly an ideal starter project to learn to use LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,103 Views)