From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx open camera

Hi,

I want to use "IMAQdx open camera.vi" in my project. But when I use this vi or another IMAQdx vi in llb manager, they don't work because of the error "polymorphic terminal cannot accept this data type" as shown in the figure. I don't remember whether I changed the vi, but I cannot undo it now if I changed. It opens as shown in the figure.

Can anybody help me?  

error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,382 Views)

Can you reinstall the vision acquisition software? It is very risky to change anything from vi.lib, and will cause many problems when moving projects to a new computer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,365 Views)

Please attach the VI from your code where this function is called -- this should be the actual VI, not another picture.  You might also attach a picture from MAX showing the Devices to show us the Camera -- I assume that if the Camera is attached to Cam3, your VI specifies Cam3 as the Session In parameter.

Here's a MAX screenshot + snippet of a very tiny VI illustrating that IMAQdx Open does work on my PC ...

Cam3.pngIMAQdx Open.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,339 Views)