LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ update to LabView2020

I recently updated code from Labview 2015 to Labview 2020.  My code is working fine in 2020 but I also still need the ability to run legacy code releases in 2015.  The 2015 IMAQ library somehow disappeared during the update so code opened in 2015 is broken.  I still need to update multiple stations, is there a way to keep the LV2015 library and driver the same while still updating to LV2020 so that both will work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(824 Views)

When you say IMAQ drivers I assume you're talking about "Vision Acquisition Software". LabVIEW 2020 is only compatible with Vision Acquisition Software 20.0 (and presumably the next 3 or 4 years of VAS).

Did you install VAS 20.0? That would break compatibility with LV 2015. This is an unfortunate drawback of the way NI has setup their driver installations. Many people will use Virtual Machines / Environments when they need to support code in multiple versions of LabVIEW.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/17/vision-acquisition-software-and-labv...

Once you get the right version, the general rule of thumb is that LabVIEW gets installed first, then any toolkits and drivers get installed afterward. Even if you already had compatible drivers installed, when you install a new LabVIEW version you would need to reinstall those drivers to include development capability for the new LabVIEW version.

Message 2 of 3
(805 Views)

Yes I mean VAS and yes when I updated I installed the toolkits, drivers and packages as well.  Unfortunate that it works this way be thanks for the information.  I'll figure out a work around.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(737 Views)