From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ example Vi's

Hello,

I am looking for a simple IMAQ example VI to get me started in using the IMAQ packages. I have already looked at a couple VI's from what people have posted on this forum and I have learned more from looking at those than I have from just reading information.

What I would like to do is take a simple Bitmap image, maybe a black background with a red dot in the middle and just locate the coordinates of that dot. If anyone has any simple example VI's I could look at it would greatly help me out with my project.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,469 Views)
Hi,
I've made a quick example for you.
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,459 Views)

Jorge Is there any way you could save that file so that it is compatible with LabVIEW 8.0 ? Also the Diagram picture file in the folder you uploaded, is that the entire VI? If so it doesn't look like you are actually using any of the IMAQ VI's, I could be wrong though. Either way the program would be beneficial to my project so if there is any way you could save it to LabVIEW 8.0 I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,433 Views)
You're correct. I'm not using IMAQ because that's an extra tool that you might not have. So I've done the example with only the functions in the base package.
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,430 Views)
OK I am able to view the VI now thank you. It looks like a pretty basic example just like I was looking for. The reason I wanted an example with the Vision package is because the dot I will be looking for is actually going to be tracking an object from a webcam, where the contrast and colors may change, but will generally still be made up of the same pixels. I'm not sure how well this will work or how much more programming it will be just using the basic LabVIEW features. I am able to use a computer with the Vision package installed.

Thanks for your help.

If anyone else has an IMAQ example they could reference me too it would help out as well.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,411 Views)