cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Communication using FT2232HL in LabView : Read Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using FT2232HL to communicate with an I2C device.

I am using the MPSSE I2C API calls.

I am able to successfully Write to the device. Both my GPIO Read and Device Read does not work.

I am able to observe the scope timing, and the Read Data is correct. it is just that when I call the function in LabView, it always shows up as FF. Same for GPIO Read as well.

I am using LabView 2013.

Thanks for the helps.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,320 Views)

Can you provide more information about the issue you are having, like the configurarion on VISA.

There ir a forum that explains a simular issue and it can be related with the VIS configuration:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Reading-IMU-via-RS-485-Output-Missing-Packet...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,272 Views)

Thank you for the response.

I was able to investigate a bit further.

Now, I do not see the "FF" read error. But something more strange.

I have a successful Write to slave and a Read from Slave if the register does not contain "0x00__".

Included the screenshots of 2 different scenarios:

1. Register read when the data is not 0x00_ _ .

2. Register read when the data is 0x00_ _.

The third screen shot is the Read_Device driver API VI. everything seems to be working except reading the default data of "0x000098"

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,259 Views)

can someone please comment on the above issue reported?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,209 Views)

Your Call Library Node needs to pass the data as Pointer to an Array of U8. When you configure it as a C String Pointer, LabVIEW will on return terminate the string on the first 0 byte it encounters in the string. This is because C strings are by definition terminated by a 0 byte. If you want to pass a binary buffer to a DLL that can return NULL bytes in it, you need to pass that buffer as Byte Array!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 9
(3,198 Views)

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the response.

Is this a change required in the DLL file itself. 

Because I am not able to connect anything other than String to that node.

It shows a source and sink mismatch error. The input to the Buffer node is String.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem?

Thanks

Ashwin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ash.Bad

You need to change the data type inside the Call Library Node configuration for the uint8 *buffer parameter. It is now configured as C String Pointer but you need to configure it as Array of Unsigned 8 Bit Integer, passed as Array Data Pointer.

Then you can also throw away the Byte Array to String and String to Byte Array nodes.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 9
(3,182 Views)

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your inputs. I was not aware that I could configure the datatype on the call library node.

I works great now. I appreciate your help on this.

Regards

Ashwin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,171 Views)

Hi,

PLS send me your code to ilanmazuz4@gmail.com

thank you.

Ilan Mazuz

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,295 Views)