From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to programatically make settings on the SCXI 1520 Strain Gauge module. From MAX, I see that you can set the Gain, Fil

ter cutoff freq, Voltage Exc, and Bridge Config. And from the LabVIEW help for AI Parameter, that these correspond to parameters 13,14, 17 and ?. Bridge Configuration is not listed. Which parameter is used to set this? Is there an example VI available?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,347 Views)
ter cutoff freq, Voltage Exc, and Bridge Config. And from the LabVIEW help for AI Parameter, that these correspond to parameters 13,14, 17 and ?. Bridge Configuration is not listed. Which parameter is used to set this? Is there an example VI available?Chris,

You can find out how to set different parameters for the SCXI-1520 in the SCXI-1520 User's Manual. The manual is available on our web site at:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/web/byproductcurrent

View page 2-24 to see how to use AI Parameter
to set the SCXI Parameters including Bridge configurations.
Message 2 of 4
(2,348 Views)
The link is bad...also I have not seen a page 2-24 in a 1520 user manual.....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,150 Views)
Hi Frank -

Looks like Michael's post from 2001 is no longer current.  Let's update the list of resources available for this module.

You can find the user manual for anything at ni.com/manuals.  The manual for the SCXI-1520 is currently here.

If you're programming in LabVIEW, you can find example programs for this device in the Example Finder.  (Click Help » Find Examples to open it.)  I recommending filtering by your hardware.  To do so, click the Hardware list in the bottom-left of the window and select "Add device".  After adding the SCXI-1520, select it from the list and check the Limit results to hardware box.  This will filter our examples down to the ones that work with your device.  They'll probably all be in the "Hardware Input and Output » Analog Measurements » Strain" folder.

You can also search Support for the 1520 to see KnowledgeBase articles on it.

And you can search the Developer Zone for additional example programs or whitepapers/app notes on this device.
David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,140 Views)