From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to run my program with continuous aquisition and write data to file when a button is pressed and get the most recent samples from the DAQ board.

This is an update to a question I asked earlier. I am still trying to solve the problem. I have included a zip file with a library file. The file to open in pj_pushbutton.vi. I have placed comments explaining the issues and problems in this vi and the subvi's.

When I push my button to write the data to file I think it is writing the data that has already been stored in the buffer and writing to file all at once. I want the data that is taken from the DAQ board from the time that I press the Write File button. How do I do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,238 Views)
Hi,

1. In AI read, you need to set the Read/Search option to "Relative to End of Data".

2. Next you should not start AI Read VI until you press the Write to File. I am attaching an example VI below. Please see if it helps.

Regards,
Sastry V
applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,238 Views)