LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm

using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,673 Views)
using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?What are you controlling in excel? What doesn't work? A little more information might be helpful.
Message 2 of 8
(2,673 Views)
using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?I'm just opening Excel, creating a new excel workbook, writing this workbooks worksheet, save it, and exiting Excel. When I build the executable, workbook creation seems not to work, returning error code 1. The new workbook name is inputed using a a file dialog(if empty, but allways empty). All of this is done via activeX. An example is attached, works fine in development mode.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,673 Views)
using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?Hmmm... Wish I could help you out more, but the sample files you sent work fine when compiled here, using 6.0.2. Are you trying to run the executable on the same machine you built it on? If not make sure you have the run-time engine installed and the same version of excel. Other than that try changing or removing some of the inputs to the save as node when you open the workbook, the grey inputs arer optional.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,673 Views)
using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?Brian, I'm using the executable in the same machine, of course, with the same Excel version, but it seems to get stucked in "application.workbooks" node, and else is for nothing. Did you ever hear about something like this? I'm losing hope to fix this.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,673 Views)
using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?Perhaps there is a bug in labview. You are using 5.0.1 correct? Since it works on my end with 6.0.2 it seems logical that there could have been a bug in your version, if fact I'd say it was fairly likely. I wish I could help you more, but its kinda hard when I can't recreate the problem...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,673 Views)
using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?Sorry, no bug, no problem... only an inadecuate installation of app builder, don't know how it happened, but reinstalling app builder did the trick, perhaps there was something wrong with it...
Thanks anyway
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,673 Views)
using LabVIEW 5.0.1f1 to control Excel 97 under WinNT, but when I build up my application in a executable, it doesen't work. I've also tried with a library (llb) and LabVIEW Runtime Engine, but it seems not to work but in development mode. Any suggestions?Sorry, no bug, no problem... only an inadecuate installation of app builder, don't know how it happened, but reinstalling app builder did the trick, perhaps there was something wrong with it...
Thanks anyway
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,673 Views)