LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm currently attempting to create a 2D scrolling map based on GPS co-ordinates

Basically I want I user to be able to view there route based on british grid references form the GPS unit in rel time on a front end vi. Is this possible? please help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,493 Views)
Our company (TRACNOVA S.A from Argentina - South America) has developed a navigation program called NaviTRAC.
NaviTRAC was deeloped with the following features:
- Navigation 2D & 3D.
- More than 100 system coordinate.
- Geographic Calculator.
- WayPoints and Routes.
- Navigation Charts.
- Support AUTOCAD Overlaying (from release 14 to 2000).
- Terraing System Modeling (Dredge and Pro module).
- And much more features.

All project was developed in Labview.
Launch 2003.

If you want, I cant send you a PDF with all features included.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,493 Views)
Sounds interesting, I would certainly appreciate the PDF you mentioned. Does NaviTRAC cover the UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,493 Views)
We may prepare a PDF for you in coming days but, for the sake of completeness, we would like to know some more details of your future applications, such as positioning device (GPS, range-range, total station), number and type of sensors you plan to use in addition to the positioning device (echosounder, compass, metheorological station, etc).
Regarding the application in the UK, it is certainly possible since we are integrating a navigation chart reader that lets you use any ENC (electronic nautical chart) around the world. Of course, the same applies to the geographic systems which we have included in our software.
Finally, you must know that we can taylor-suit your application therefore your are not constrained to a standalone commercial package w
here you have no possibility to do so.
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,493 Views)
In simple terms the unit I am aiming to produce is an emergency system for a long distance powered wheelchair user that uses a simple GPS unit. The system is currently interfaced to a laptop and read/displayed using LabVIEW. The range is not large at around 30 miles.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,493 Views)
Now it's a bit more clear what you intend to do. As far as I understand you want to display the location of the rover unit on a onboard computer which, I assume, must display a map of the area being traversed.
Provided the short range you are aiming at, I can suggest your using of a simple raster chart being home-made or in a suitable format. Alternative to this system is a more complicated and more costly vectorized chart system which is not usually on the same format of the ENC charts. Please tell us about this issue.
Other questions are:
1. Do you need to log the trajectory of the rover ?
2. Do you need alarms triggered by user-defined events ?
3. Are you going to use a radio-link (UHF, spread-spectrum, etc.) to transmit the
real-time position to a base center ?

Finally, I would like to have your E-mail address and name.
Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,493 Views)
simple raster chart sounds ideal, in answer to your questions.
1. No logging other than that displayed, I may store the GPS co-ordinates an a file later on.
2. I'm generated the alarms for the user based on the range of the unit and current battery life.
3.I'm relaying the inforamtion back through a mobile phone based on a vi I've been working on.

My name is ad and you can e-mail on ad@adamlees.com.

Merry Christmas!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,493 Views)
I have an application, written in LabView, that received GPS coordinates. I would like to be able to display a cooresponding street map for the coordinates. It sounds like that is kinda like what you did. Can you help?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,493 Views)
I am also currently looking at generating a 2D scrolling map based on a GPS input.  Can anyone suggest a way to implement this using a map image rather than google earth?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,696 Views)