LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know I need a big switch but I’m not sure on what one I need

Solved!
Go to solution

I know I need a big switch but I’m not sure on what one I need.

I will need 32 (2 different 16 channels) analog output going into it. And then it goes to
DUT A or B.

Then the Analog output from either of the DUT comes back the switch and then to the Analog in (PXI or CDAQ).

During calibration I need 24-bit resolution at Vdc, so I am using the CDAQ, and it works great. Then I do the retests using a scope card.

The test is working but we are manually changing the connectors. This not only takes time but is hard on the equipment and the test cables.

So, I believe I need a 32 BY 32 switch for the analog output and a 16 by 16 for the analog input.

Would that mean I would need 3 PXIe-2531?

Any suggestions?

32 x 32.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(315 Views)

Does the diagram below depict the overall set of selection options?
santo_13_0-1720455910765.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 7
(290 Views)

Yes it does. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(286 Views)

Do you need signal pairs (differential) or single-ended with common ground?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(268 Views)

You can get away with 3 x PXIe-2739 (256 crosspoint matrix 16x16).

1. 8 AI channels (x2 for cDAQ + PXIe)
  2. 8 AO channels (x2 for cDAQ + PXIe)
  3. 8 AO channels (x2 for cDAQ + PXIe)

You can simplify by using multiplexers but you need a lot of external wiring to get them right.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

Message 5 of 7
(251 Views)

single-ended with common ground

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(250 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan_Glenair

@Dan_Glenair wrote:

single-ended with common ground

You said that you need a 24-bit signal for calibration. Have you considered the fact that every relay contact is going to add a thermoelectric voltage to the signal?

If you need just 1-wire, 2532B is a good choice as the contact rating is higher and has more bandwidth compared to 2531.

You will still need 3 x PXI 2532B

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

Message 7 of 7
(231 Views)