LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have built a VI and then I used it as subvi it works but the front panel of subvi didn't diplay for other options

Solved!
Go to solution

Kindly suggest me possible errors

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,366 Views)

Hi timmi,

If you are using a VI as a sub VI,the subVI controls and indicators receive data from and return data to the block diagram of the calling VI.So if you want to display anything other you can provide it in the calling VI.Is this you are asking about?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,364 Views)

Thanks for your reply......My calling VI just needs the results of subvi as it is calling many sub vi's and evry subvi is itself a another module containing many tests and selection panel for them so that user can select the desired option...  So i want it appear as new window so that user can select the appropiate values.

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,349 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PakAsia

Go to the VI Properties, choose Window Appearance.  The simple route would be to just use the Dialog setting.  But you can play around with the customized settings too.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Thanks crossrulz... it worked

timmy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,328 Views)