cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a LAbview 8.6, and i can´t open a file from a Labview 5.1.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

When i try to open a file(a driver to an OSA from Agilent) appears a error message, saying that the source´s version is too old(5.1.1), when my labview is 8.6.

Anybody knows something about it?

Thanks a lot.

Message 1 of 19
(4,001 Views)

Hi. 

I managed to see old vi's made in version 4 with 8.5

First opened with Labview 8.20, saved for previous versions 8.0

Then opened with Labview 8.5..voila

I have Labview 4,  8.20,  8.5,  on different computers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,996 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author carlosmayer

Hi Carlos,

as told before (and in numerous other threads too) LV8.6 can only open vi from LV6 and up... So you need an older LV version to convert (very) old vis.

I attached the LV8.0 version. There's a missing dll - I hope you have it on your harddisc.

When you look for device drivers it is always a good idea to check the NI website for them...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 19
(3,977 Views)

Thank you very much, it will be very useful. 

It worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot!!!

and the .dll file was already in my computer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,962 Views)

oh and thanks for the clues about drivers also,

i have done a simple interface for a multimeter, and now the goal is to do one for the OSA,that must be much more difficult....rs

Carlos Mayer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,955 Views)
Then mark Gerd's message (#3) as the solution to your question and not your reply #4 where you are thanking him.  You didn't solve your own problem!  Unmark #4 as the solution and mark #3.
Message 6 of 19
(3,929 Views)

Hello again.

Sorry for marking the wrong post, but i don´t know how to change it.

By the way, I am with the same problem again. If anybody has time and a version of Labview able to do this, I would be very grateful. The link is below.

Thanks, Carlos Mayer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,765 Views)

carlosmayer wrote:

Sorry for marking the wrong post, but i don´t know how to change it.                      

Please click on "options" located on right top corner of your post where you marked solution and select "unmark" from the menu. Then please click on the "options" located on right top corner of the post which you think is the best solution for your problem and select "Mark this as solution".

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,757 Views)

carlosmayer wrote:

By the way, I am with the same problem again. If anybody has time and a version of Labview able to do this, I would be very grateful. The link is below.

The manufacturer's web site has a newer version of the driver for that instrument. It's not written all that well, but at least it uses VISA, unlike the VI you uploaded, which uses old GPIB functions. The library the manufacturer provides is in 5.1, which unfortunately you still cannot open in 8.6. Attached is the library in 8.2. For what it's worth, the VI you uploaded in 8.2 is also attached. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,732 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for the help.

Yes, I agree with you, these VI´s are a little bit old.

But the library,like the other VI, are written to GPÌB connection, and I am trying USB connection.

So, by the way, if you have some experience on it, and could give some tip, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for updating again,

Carlos Mayer.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,712 Views)