From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I downloaded labpython how do you get it to work

Well, I successfully installed labpython and all the functions are visible in LabVIEWs function palette.

..... Now just to figure out how to use all the functions Smiley Tongue

Cory K
Message 11 of 29
(5,000 Views)

Cory K wrote:

Well, I successfully installed labpython and all the functions are visible in LabVIEWs function palette.

..... Now just to figure out how to use all the functions Smiley Tongue

There are two ways to use LabPython. One is, when it was installed by VIPM at least 🙂 to just create a Math Script Node and configure it to use Python and enter the Python script in that node. This is static in the sense that you can not edit the script during runtime in any way.

The other is to use the VIs to create a Python session and then compile/execute a script into such a session. There should be a LabPython folder in the LabVIEW examples folder if the installation went alright and that should give you some ideas how to use these two methods.

Last but not least there is a newer unreleased version on the sourceforge site that resolves some problems with newer Python installations when you close a session and create a new one after that.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 03-08-2009 04:57 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 12 of 29
(4,978 Views)

I am trying to install LabPython on a different computer, and forgot how I did it the first time Smiley Sad

When I try to download the most recent version from here I'm not sure how to save the file.

My computer wants to save the file as a zip.

I thought that VIPM wanted packages to be saved as .ogp, which is how it is listed on the website.

If I try to manually save the file with that extention, VIPM doesnt recognize this file as a valid package.

What is the correct way to download and install this package?

Specs:
- LabVIEW 8.6

- Windows XP
- VI Package Manger w/ ogrsc_dynamicpalette installed

Message Edited by Cory K on 08-07-2009 01:02 PM
Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(4,866 Views)

I tried to download it in Firefox 3.5 and had no issues with renamed files and the file seems to work fine here too. So I would guess you have some issue with your browser ormaybe a firewall.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(4,846 Views)
When I click on that link, (IE7) it asks me whether to open or save.  I pick save.  The Save Dialog box comes up and wants to save it as a .ogp file like I would expect. 
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(4,844 Views)

Has anyone attempted to install LabPython with the recent version of LabView (2010)? I'm using VI Package Manager as mentioned in the thread, but end up with a dependancy error.

ogrsc_dynamicpalette >= 2.0 is missing

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(4,274 Views)

I have not. But just install orgs_dynamicpalette using VIPM.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 17 of 29
(4,265 Views)

You are indeed right. I didn't realize the package had to be installed. Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(4,253 Views)

Where is the LabView Examples folder mentioned above?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(4,242 Views)

Again I don't have LabPython. But a lot of the VIPM's ship with examples that go into the example folder. To get to that just click Help/Find Examples.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(4,214 Views)