LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not know what are needed from this warning text.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I got these two following error messages but do not know what I have to install on my computer. 

"NI LabVIEW Real-Time Module support for LabVIEW 2022 is missing and is referenced by the following VIs:
NI CompactRIO Driver support for LabVIEW 2022 is missing and is referenced by the following VIs:"

What is needed to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(565 Views)

Hi Tim,

@TimK0315 wrote:

"NI LabVIEW Real-Time Module support for LabVIEW 2022 is missing …
NI CompactRIO Driver support for LabVIEW 2022 is missing …

What is needed to resolve this issue?

I would start with installing the missing module and driver support…

Do you really want to create/change a Realtime project involving cRIO?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(554 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TimK0315

The code that you are trying to open (which you failed to attach, so we can only "guess" what is in it) appears to be part of a LabVIEW Real-Time Project, which is triple the complexity of an "ordinary" (i.e. one CPU-based Project) in that there are three CPUs, and two separate Operating Systems involved:

1. The Host code runs on a PC that has some version of LabVIEW installed, along with drivers for common I/O devices that NI supports, including USB-based DAQ (Data Acquisition and Control) devices, GPIB devices, some Video devices (including the WebCams on most laptops), and GPIB hardware.  This also includes PCI cards that plug into the backplane of a Desktop PC.
  2. The LabVIEW Real-Time Target code runs on a separate CPU running LabVIEW Real-Time Linux OS (that might not be the exactly correct name, but it has the main features, "Real-Time" and "Linux", so you get the drift).  This usually runs on some form of RIO device, or a PXI-based system with a controller running LabVIEW Real-Time OS.
  3. Many cRIO targets include an FPGA chip that runs independently, extremely fast, and with as many truly parallel execution streams as you can fit onto the FPGA chip, using code developed with LabVIEW and compiled by the FPGA compiler into the special bit-code that the FPGA requires (this process can take minutes to complete -- there is a cost in getting code that runs this fast this easily).

Do you have several years of experience with LabVIEW programming?  Are you ready to write programs that have to run on at least two separate processors, utilizing two separate operating systems, one of which (Windows, on a PC) you "know", and the other of which (Real-Time Linux) you mostly won't "need to know" because LabVIEW will handle the details for you?

As others have mentioned, if you are really working with a LabVIEW Real-Time Project, then you need to have the LabVIEW Real-Time Module downloaded and installed.  Furthermore, if you are using a CompactRIO, then you need to have the CompactRIO drivers installed.

But wait -- are you, by any chance, a student, and trying to work with a piece of Academic Hardware called the myRIO?  The Good News is there is a sub-Forum called the Academic Hardware Products Forum and the Bad News is that installing software to support the myRIO has gotten "trickier" (I think I've discussed this on the Academic Forum).  If your question is related to the myRIO, you have a bit of work to do, including (safely) removing all the NI Software you already installed and installing the Software Bundle for myRIO 2021 Q3.

I would recommend that you clarify your hardware, and if it is myRIO-related, you check out the Academic Forum and see if your questions can be answered there.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(522 Views)