LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can talk with Keithley2400 by NI-MAX, but cannot control it by labview

Hello,

I use Labview2017 to control the Keithley 2400, and it is okay to communicate with Kei2400 by MAX VISA test panel, shown in fig. However, I cannot control it with my labview program, as shown in the 2nd fig.

Then, I tried to use the examples to control Kei2400, but it doesn't work, because I even can not choose the GPIB VISA number, as shown in fig 3. Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem?

Tons of thanks!

Sincerely,
Yen-Po

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,400 Views)

This isn't a permenant solution but try adding some 'magic waits' of about 100ms between commands.  I've had problems with Keithley GPIB controllers not being able to handle solid strings of commands off a LabVIEW VI in the past. This was the solution I had to go with, just control the command send rate so that it wouldn't overwelm the Keithley

Best of luck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,392 Views)

Try manually typing in the VISA resource name GPIB0::23::INSTR and see if you can find it.

Also don’t use the comma as a decimal separator. Most instrument syntaxes needs to use the period “.” Even though you regional settings maybe otherwise.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,380 Views)

Did you install device drivers with LV 2017? It seems very odd that nothing shows up in the drop down...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,342 Views)

This is a duplicate post - https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/problem-with-connection-between-GPIB-and-Labview-LV2016-and/td-p/37...

You are using a Agilent/Keysight USB-GPIB you need to enable the NI-VISA Passport for TULIP. Follow the advice from RSTLVU in the other thread and see if that works. 

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,325 Views)