LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make NI DAQ AO1 send signals

Solved!
Go to solution

I have developed a program in LabVIEW to send a trigger signal to a camera. Initially, I had used AO0 of the DAQ to trigger the camera and it works fine. Now, I just try to use AO1 instead (by simply modifying the code) and it won't trigger the camera. Switching back to AO0 works again. And as of now, I am not using two outputs simultaneously. Next step will be to wait for an input, perhaps in AI0, to generate output in AO1.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,517 Views)

There isn't a lot to go off of here. I would check to make sure your connections are correct and that you have the correct channel specified throughout your porgram. I would also check to see if you can get a signal on AO1 in MAX testpanels to eliminate it being your code.

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,484 Views)

@farahikia83 wrote:

Initially, I had used AO0 of the DAQ to trigger the camera and it works fine. Now, I just try to use AO1 instead (by simply modifying the code) and it won't trigger the camera. Switching back to AO0 works again.

You have to wire AO1 to the trigger.  Simply changing the code will not do the job.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,475 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author farahikia83
I found the problem. It may sound dumb, but I wasn't paying attention that as I was modifying the code it was switching to device2, but I was still using device1 to trigger the cameras.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,469 Views)
I'm aware of wiring principle!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,466 Views)