LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to use a Futek load sensor example and am running into all sorts of weird issues with the coding.

Eons ago, when I took the Labview I & II courses, I remember the instructor stating that correct VI's had to have error line.  I downloaded this VI example from Futek's website and the code doesn't  use it. I am trying to utilize it for some data collection rather than have to pay for their software that goes with the sensor.  When I first try to run the VI I get an error, and if I replace the formula they use, then undo the replacement it appears to work. The engineer that I am trying to help out is basically wanting to be able to read and also write a file during test, and I am running into all sorts of problems.  

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,987 Views)

Here is the VI that I am trying to build......

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,985 Views)

What error do you get?  (That kind of information can help us figure out what is going on.)

That is a poorly written VI.  Why they did a "Stop button = True", is just a rube goldberg.

There is no logical reason why replacing the formula Express VI then undoing it would magically fix the problem.  (Actually that express VI should just be replaced by normal LabVIEW arithmetic functions.)

I would strip down the VI and disable most of the code.  Just have it do one function at a time and see if it works.  Then start enabling the additional functions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,956 Views)

The first error when I start to run the VI, is states that I need to insert disc 1 of Labview.

I can usually hit stop and run, stop and run, and then it will start "working".

Then I get the Formula: Library version is incompatible with XNode version.

If I replace the fomula, and then undo replace it will correct the broken start arrow.....

I took the labview 1 and 2 courses 5 years ago, and haven't been a regular user so I am what you would call extremely rusty. 

I have an engineer here that is wanting to use the sensor for some testing and can't really understand why I am having so many issues.

Do you know if NI has someone that might be able to work through this with me, or even if there is some Labview consultant that can be paid to help out?

Thanks,
Josh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,906 Views)

First the Timed Loop is a bad idea and you should remove it. It doesn't make sense to open and close the connection to the USB device at each iteration. You should first try to make the example work before adding possible error sources. Do you get all the parameters read correctly before entering the loop with the Normal Data Request? (Get_Offset_Value, Get_Offset_Load, ...).

As you said Futek support is not cooperative as they want to sell their software.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,891 Views)

I don't.  When I  use their LabView example I get 0 for the Get_Offset_Load.  I know this is incorrect as the Current Reading (@ NO LOAD) is reading around  -12.10  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,887 Views)