LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am pulling some data from an instrument that appears to be in scientific notation (X.XXXE-0X where X is a number) that is a string

format. I would like to convert this to an array format, but can seem to find enough information on the format specifier. I will want to reverse the process at a later date as well. Can someone point me toward a list of format specifiers and their meaning?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,336 Views)
format. I would like to convert this to an array format, but can seem to find enough information on the format specifier. I will want to reverse the process at a later date as well. Can someone point me toward a list of format specifiers and their meaning?I see this as a 2 part question so here goes.
1) Format specifiers - These are the same as in C code. The easiest way is to drop a "Scan from String"
on the diagram right click and select "Edit Format String". This gives you a pop up to build the specifiers.

2) String to number (array) and back. I would use a
while loop with shift registers. Put the "Scan from String" in the while and use it to convert the string to numbers and build the array all at once. This will also take out any seperation characters.

If you need more help or a demo feel free to send a message.

Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,336 Views)