From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write wav file with range beyond -1,1

I already posted similar question here but I hope that here it might get more attention and my question is little different now.

I would like to know why the Waw write VI clips the input DBL array to -1,1 (cutting out what is outside of this range). What is the reason? And since I acquire the Sound pressure in the range of -240Pa to 240Pa how can I write it to wav and be able to listen to it? If I rescale it to -1,1 I hardly hear anything. 

LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,602 Views)

Analaong wave form is always from 0 V to  5Volts . Caliberated the values according to that,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,453 Views)

Hi Ceties,

have you tried to use Sound Output Set Volume VI?

Ondřej Kuba

NIEE AE

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,425 Views)

hi,

i have the same problem , i want to save a sound in a wav file in DBL but my amplitude is above 1 Vpp and it cuts off my sound, did you solve the problem ? can you guide me please? what was the solution to save the whole sound above 1Vpp?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,722 Views)

Try using Normalize Waveform.vi on the waveform data before saving it to the wav file.

You might also consider saving your waveforms in TDMS format rather than wav if you need to save the data without applying a scale and offset.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,701 Views)