From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to wrap the netlist file in a VHDL file?

Hello,

At this link http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599L-01/lvfpgaconcepts/create_acq_clip/ it says "If you use IP defined using Verilog, you first need to compile this IP into a netlist file, then wrap the netlist file in a VHDL file."

I have this situation, but I don't know how to wrap the netlist file into VHDL file, anyone knows how to do this?

Thanks,

Michel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,769 Views)

Hello,

I finally found out how to do this.  My collegue has developped a IP in Vivado which I needed to integrate into LabVIEW FPGA VI's.  We are using Vivado 2014.04, so the netlist of the IP has a *.dcp extension.  In the same directory you should find the component declaration which has a *.vho extension.  You should use the information in that file to create the wrapper.  The wrapper will have a *.vhd extension and will be used with the *.dcp to create your CLIP. Basically the wrapper creates an instance of the component.

I've inserted an example:

SelfResonatingCore.vho

SelfResonatingCoreWrapper.vhd

Michel

Download All
Message 2 of 2
(3,502 Views)