LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use database toolkit for storing reports

Hi,

I am new to Database Toolset.

In my case the test report consists of the test details with Pass/Fail result in the Table format. I am able to store the report in a word file using Report generation toolkit. How to store the same report in the Database (MS Access) along with date and time of test conduct.

Please guide me,

Here is the sample test report format which will be stored in the MS word file.

Regards,

Rajashekar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,976 Views)
Define a table in MS Access and learn SQL to be able to build the queries necessary to send the data to MS Access.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,968 Views)
Can i get any material...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,962 Views)
There a loads of books regarding the subject (some even related to LV) and maybe try googling for SQL, MS Access, LabVIEW.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,952 Views)

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,950 Views)

You'll need at least two tables in your database; one that stores overall test results (with date and time of test) and another with the data from the table in your sample doc.  There needs to be a key in the first table relating the data in the second table.  When you get to the point of writing your data you write the summary info into the first table and keep the key to write into the second table along with your data.

You can get by without using SQL because the DB toolkit DB Tools Insert Data.vi will handle that for you.  That said, I always use SQL!

Take a look at a few of the database examples that ship with LabVIEW.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,935 Views)

Yes what ever tou said is wright, I need to create two table one is for consolidated report and the other detailed report.

But the thing is that i will be having around 20 tests for a unit with unit serial no. I have to store both the consolidated result and detailed result for each unit along with date and time stamp. Each test has different format (colums), how to make this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajashekar

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,893 Views)
If you can't make each test have the same format you'll need a different table for each test type.  TestStand (yuck :p) does this in its default schema.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,885 Views)

I am having LabVIEW devlopment system with Report generation and Database toolkit. Is the NI test stand really required? Cant i use only the Database toolkit?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajashekar

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,879 Views)

Rajashekar wrote:

Is the NI test stand really required? Cant i use only the Database toolkit?

Yes; I'm sorry for being unclear.  The only reason I mentioned TestStand was that it writes tests to a database based on the test type (see attachment).

• uut_result contains overall test result - each unit you test will have one record in this table for each time you test it
  • step_result contains the result for an individual test - each unit will have many entries here related to the overall test in uut_result
  • the remaining ten tables contain the data for each different test type - these tables will only have entries if a step matches its type.  You don't need ten other tables, only one for each table format.

Your task isn't trivial, but it won't be too complicated if you understand relational databases.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,875 Views)