LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Simulink model in Labview

Hi,I am new to Labview,now I want to  build a sinusoidal signal model from The MathWorks, Inc. Simulink Software and use the model in my Labview project. The tutorials in the net tell me to convert the model to a DLL document, I follwed the steps and get a DLL document. But when i ues the DLL document in

Laview,I found there are so many functions in the DLL. I also tried use the model interface toolkit and there are somthing wrong with my vi, I wonder to know wether my DLL document was build in the right order,  can you tell me something about this?How can I use the simulink model DLL in the LabVIEW? My version is 2016 and Matlab is 2014Ra.The attachment is my steps about build the DLL documnet.

Thank you for your time.
Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,603 Views)

Is there any reason that you can't use the sine wave generation capabilities built into LabVIEW ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,586 Views)

Hello,I don't know how to use the dll document,should I use the model interface toolkits or the function call model?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,577 Views)

If you just want to create a simulated sine wave in LabVIEW then you don't need to go to all the trouble of interfacing a DLL to LabVIEW, which can be quite difficult.

You can simply use the LabVIEW Simulate Signal Express VI to generate a sine wave. It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

If you need to use Mathworks then this is supported by the model interface toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,551 Views)

Thanks for your reply,the sine wave is just a example,a complex model will be used in the future so the MathWorks, Inc. Simulink Software should be used. Wether the following steps is the right order:

1. create a simulink model in the MATLAB

2(1). compile the model in NI VeriStand 

2(2). convert the model to a DLL document

3.use the DLL in Labview with model interface toolkit

From the step2(1)and step2(2),which step should  follow and which should be abandon?

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,537 Views)