LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use NI DAQmx to read and write simultaneously from/to NI 9403

Hi,

I am trying to read and write some lines in NI-9403 (in a cDAQ-9184) using DAQmx. I have created to separate tasks in this order: read (Task name "DI") and write (task name "DO"). Writing lines are <cDAQ1Mod1/port0/line0:7> , reading lines are <cDAQ1Mod1/port0/line8:15>. When I run the VI I get this error:

<Error -201105 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220005

Possible reason(s):

Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task with conflicting settings.

Unreserve any other tasks using this device, or change their settings to be compatible with this task.

Task Name: DO>

I have attached my vi.

I was wondering how to set line directions using DAQmx, it seems like task "DI" is reserving all the lines as inputs, so "DO" is throwing error when trying to start. Please help (possibly with some simple example) and tell me how I can read and write from/to different lines of NI-9403 at the same time using DAQmx.

Thanks.

Rushd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,204 Views)

From this article: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466AC-01/mxdevconsid/digiocseries/

"

• You can only do hardware timing in one direction at a time on a serial module.
 "
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,159 Views)

Hi  gregoryj,

Is there any other NI module which would allow me to do this? Thanks.

-R

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,154 Views)

Hi R,

I would advise you to call our sales team to see if they can find one for you, or a module that is equivalent depending on your application.

1 (800) 531-5066

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,117 Views)