cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Memo datatype to store large strings into Access database

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All!

I want to store a set of pixel coordinates (total 1246 pixels with X,Y coordinates i.e 1246X2 values in a single table cell) into a column of a database table as a string datatype. The table structure looks like:

Column0 (Long dataytpe): represents a frame number of AVI

Column1 (string datatype): represents a particle/blob in AVI

Each cell of table: represents a set of (X,Y) coordinates of all the pixels available in a particular frame.

I created a table with the 2 columns, but with error and blank values in column1. Since, MS Access doesn't allow string lengths  greater than 255 characters, so I have changed to Memo datytape for Column1 in the Design View of the Navigation Pane in MS Access. I am not sure how to insert the pixels coordinates  now in the table(which was already created)without any error. Instead of using DB Tools Insert Data.VI, I have tried using parametrized query. But , it throws me an error (in the attached image). 

Can someone help me how to insert values in a Memo field or any relevant information?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,496 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author enthusiast4

You aren't inserting a string.  You are inserting an array.

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,458 Views)

Yes correct. I corrected it and it works fine now. Thank you so much Aputman.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,443 Views)