LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update picture control?

Well it's not as easy as my question states, basically I have a picture on my front panel and I use at least 10 for loops with shift registers to update it....leads to very slow performance. Is there any way to update only parts of the picture instead of repainting the whole ting every time I need to draw a dot on it? Or perhaps to draw 10 dots ant once? (just put an array of points up without having to use a for loop with an index of 10 and a shift register) Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,507 Views)
My suggestion would be to continue drawing the entire picture with iteration. However, I would delete the shift registers and leave the 'picture' input of the picture VI's unwired. Next, pop up on the picture control (right mouse click) and select 'Erase First'. You should see the performance of your VI improve.

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,507 Views)
Hi,
I have an empty picture control going into a sequence of about 10 frames where I pass the wire through lots of shift registers and 10 sequence locals, where at the last frame of the sequence it comes out to the picture indicator. So I'm not quite sure what you mean when you said I should just delete my shift registers? HOw can I do that wihtout causing errors? Oh and also you meant the ipicture ndicator I should set the Erase First property?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,507 Views)
Helper;

I provided exactly that same answer, along with an example, for a similar question you posted before: Seperating picture updates?

Look at it and let us know.

Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,507 Views)