From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update FPGA Reference inside Case Structure?

How do I update the FPGA References that are inside of a Case Structure? When I change/re-compile the FPGA VI, the references do not update.

Context:

I am building a 4-axis machine that uses the FPGA VI to monitor position switches. I have built an action engine for each axis comprised of a Enum Case Structure inside of a terminating While Loop with all pertinent information retained on un initialized shift registers. 

Details:

I have one Case that initializes the communication and uses "Open FPGA Reference" to put the FPGA VI Ref onto a shift register. Subsequent Cases use that FPGA VI Ref to transfer information. Works well. However, if I need to edit the FPGA VI and re-configure the "Open FPGA Reference" to that VI, the following items (e.g. FPGA I/O Node) do not update with the new information. 

The Nodes will update if I move the "Open FPGA Reference" in front of the While Loop, and open/close everytime the loop is called. However, that ends the FPGA VI. 

Is there a better solution? Am I missign something? 

THank you in advance for your help

-David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,257 Views)

Hi David,

create a typedef for the FPGA VI reference. Then instruct "OpenFGPAReference" to use that typedef for all times…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(2,232 Views)