LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Xilinx 14.7 from labVIEW 2015SP1 in Windows 10

Hello,

By mistake I installed the Xilinx ISE 14.7 in LabVIEW 2015 SP1 on Windows10. I would like to uninstall it, but there seems to be NO WAY to do it. There is simply no way to locate that particular installation in WIndows 10 (as it does not offer individual component uninstallation in Settings -> Apps), and I cannot access an uninstall exe to get that done.

The Settings->Apps only shows "uninstall ni software" and it does not promise NI components installation list so I do not proceed with "uninstall"...

Can this be done or do I need to reinstall everything?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,961 Views)

Aditionally I would like to ask whether I can install the Xilinx ISE 10.1 for LabVIEW 2015 SP1 on Windows10 as I have the following Spartan-3 based FPGA devices:

cRIO-9073
sbRIO-9632

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,932 Views)

I'd be surprised if you actually have ISE 14.7 installed (hence why you can't find it). ISE 14.7 won't allow itself to be installed as it isn't compatible with Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,893 Views)

Hello Derric,

Thanks for responding. That is exaclty the reason why I ask for help/hint where to look for ISE 14.7 traces 🙂 I installed the whole bunch of software in a chain, not paying attention. However, I am positive there was no installation error msg, and there was no complaint regarding the OS version. Furthermore, the installer can only "comment" on previous OS versions, but cannot anticipate future (as Win10 in this case) and if/how the installer itself would perform in such cases. Also, the NI page listing compatibilities between RIO, LabVIEW FPGA and OS allows ISE 10.1 to be installed on Win10 for my 2 SPartan-3 devices...?!

Dissappointing is of Win10 not to allow component view for the NI software apps as it is possible in the previous versions of Windows. So, would you know how to determine whether ISE 14.7 is present in the installation or not?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,883 Views)

Do you have the link to the page saying any ISE versions could be installed on Win10?

You can see installed software sets installed in NI Package Manager for newer versions of LabVIEW et al.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,863 Views)

Doesn't matter anymore, after installing a NIPM I uninstalled everything from NI, then the NIPM itself, and finnaly cleaned up the registries from NI traces.

And yes, ISE 14.7 was installed!

I used this unpleasant opportunity to discover the version relationship among OS, LV, NI-DAQmx, NI-RIO and NI-VISA appropriate for my NI hardware 🙂

Another dissappointment of NI is inabilty to choose another drive (other than the system) for installation which means more registry tackling...

Thank you again,

R

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,857 Views)