LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer networked shared variable data from host to a client that is on a different subnet

I am developing a data acquisition system using a cRIO-9075 chassis. I am hosting shared variables on the RIO (Host) and would like to graph the data on a PC (Client). The system works fine when the host and client are on the same subnet, but the problem is that the RIO needs to be mobile. I need to be able to collect data from the network even if the ip address/subnet changes. I've attempted to plug the RIO on a seperate network from the client, but when I do this I get a "Shared Variable Not Found" error while attempting to retrieve the data. I've also tried to set the RIO to use a static IP, but this still did not fix the problem. Is there anyway around this using NSV's?? If not, what would be another solution??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,047 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried registering the cRIO's ip by going to Tools » Shared Variable » Register Computer... ?

There are some other suggestions for troubleshooting problems with shared variables in this document

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,031 Views)

You might also try using the shared variable API, instead of the static node references.  The API allows you to specify the whole ip address.  I'm not sure whether this will work, but it's worth a try.

Tip: If you have an existing static node, you can right-click on it and select Replace with Programmatic Access.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,020 Views)