LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer data from one PXI-2576 board to another PXI-2576 board on the same chassis.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am need to transfer a voltage signal using a PXI-5421 to a PXI-2576 board then transfer it to another PXI-2576 board. For example I would set up the ARB signal then set CH 16 of MUX 1(1st Switch), set CH 0 of MUX 3 (2nd Switch) then read the voltage from MUX 3 using a PXI-4071. I know I can use the niSwitch DMM Switch Handshaking.vi example for the later part. I am just unsure as to how to transfer data from MUX 1 to MUX 3?

Thank you,

Denise Barajas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MiniBetty

Hi Denise,

You will have to connect the two switch modules externally. Signals cannot actually be transfered through the backplane of the PXI chassis. The backplane can only be used for PCI bus communication and for trigger routing. So you will have to use external wires to physically send the signal from the first PXI-2576 to the second.

There are two ways to connect signals to the PXI-2576, you can use a terminal block that mounts to the front panel of the PXI module, or you can use a cable with an external connector block. You can then connect the signal wires to the screw terminals on the terminal/connector block. More information about the connection options can be found at the NI PXI-2576 Connectivity Product Page.

Hopefully this helps!

Chris G

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,455 Views)

Thank you for clarifying.  I thought it could be done through the backplane.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,450 Views)