LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take out a variable out of a while loop?

I'm doing a project where I have to take snap shots from a video camera. I've manage to do this part but I can't create a variable file name to save the images. If I can take the variable out of a while loop, in every loop, I can use this value to name the file.

Thank You Guys... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,696 Views)

It's a bit hard to guess where you're stuck. Post the code or an screenshot of the relevant piece.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,692 Views)
You could write data to a Queue or a Notifier inside the loop to make it available outside the loop.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,666 Views)
Can you be more specific?  Do you want to the image to a unique file on each loop iteration?  If so, then just put the write file inside the loop.  You can modify the filename by creating a string constant with a general name like "ImageFile", then convert the loop's iteration terminal, i, into a string, then concatenate the "ImageFile" string and the i string.  You will get a filename like "ImageFile0" on the first loop, "ImageFile1" on the second loop, and so on.  I hope this is what you are looking for.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,607 Views)