LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit bug report for certified Instrument driver for "Agilent N99XX Series Analyzer" (link in text)

Hello,

I have found a bug in two versions of the instrument drivers for the "Agilent N99XX Series Analyzer". (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E4C16A648B413F54E04400144FB7D2...) I have verified that this exists in both the 2018 upgrade and 2021 upgrade versions. These are "certified" drivers.

The bug is a typo in a string constant field in the "Initialize" VI in the library. There is a string array with model numbers and the entry for the N9950A has a newline character "\n" in it which can be seen if the display is changed from normal to codes. The VI executes a search of this array using the Match First String function. Because of the "\n" newline character the match for this model is missed. None of the other models listed in the string array have any unexpected characters.

Since bug report support requires a serial number for the "component" in question I have not been able to figure out how to file a report for this. Any help? Thanks.

InitializeFrontPanel.jpg  

InitializeBlockDiagram_newline.jpg

ProjectPathToInitialize.jpg

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(692 Views)

Fingers crossed - if someone from Agilent monitors NI forums, they might pick it up and "fix" it.

The best way would be to reach out to Agilent and let them know of the bug, even in that case, there is no guarantee that they will fix and make a new release.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(682 Views)

Thanks Sanathosh. I'll reach out to them.

Have a great Thursday.

Cal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(641 Views)