LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store array of 'set of coordinates' into database table

Solved!
Go to solution

Okay, I will check about it. But, do you know why only 4 coordinates are displayed instead of 1246. Should I 'concatenate' the for loop after the wire '18' , insteaf of using the 'last value'?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(4,061 Views)

Sorry, I do not have IMAQ library which means I can't run your code.

Are you sure that the pixel coordinates are all available before they are written to the dB?  If not, you need to check your array generation loop.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(4,057 Views)

I will check with that then. Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(4,055 Views)

Sounds like you're indexing the wrong dimension in the read?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(4,051 Views)

@enthusiast4 wrote:

Okay, I will check about it. But, do you know why only 4 coordinates are displayed instead of 1246. Should I 'concatenate' the for loop after the wire '18' , insteaf of using the 'last value'?

I just noticed what you said here about wire 18 (that is actually probe 18).  Yes you are losing data here by only keeping the last value.  That could explain your issue.  Try concatenating mode and see what happens.  If you turn on indexing mode, you'll end up with a 4d array (not what you want).  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(4,048 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Sounds like you're indexing the wrong dimension in the read?

/Y

Can you please elaborate it please? I didnt get you

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(4,042 Views)

@aputman wrote:

@enthusiast4 wrote:

I just noticed what you said here about wire 18 (that is actually probe 18).  Yes you are losing data here by only keeping the last value.  That could explain your issue.  Try concatenating mode and see what happens.  If you turn on indexing mode, you'll end up with a 4d array (not what you want).  

Correct, probe 18. I tried using 'concatenating' mode instead of 'last value', but then it throws me an error (attached image below).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(4,038 Views)

Looks like a Region Settings problem.  Is your system setup to use a comma as the decimal place separator?  You can turn this off in Labview options->Front Panel->Use Localized decimal point.  This will force Labview to use the period, despite the OS setting.  

You can also use a different format code to in the Array to Spreadsheet String function to only use the period for this one operation.  If you don't need decimal places at all, use the format code %d.  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(4,032 Views)

Yes, I checked my whether System setting and 'comma as the decimal place separator' is already turned off. Since, Labview options->Front Panel->Use Localized decimal point is already 'checked/ticked' (in capture.png image ). I don't need decimal places at all ,so I have used %d format code in Array to Speadsheet String. VI

I have used concatenated instead of last value in probe 1 in attached image (capture2.png ). Probe 2 shows me the correct number of pixel coordinates i.e 1246 pixels instead of 4 (when 'last value' is used). But, probe 7 throws me an error of datatype mismatch criteria. This may be due to large number of pixels in a single cell of a table and the database connectivity toolset doesnt't Support it. Hope the error is resolved when I use MEMO datatype to store those large number of pixels.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(4,026 Views)