LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stack plots using Waveform Graph??

Can I stack two plots of the type waveform graph. The two plots have the same X scale but different Y scales. Can anyone suggest how this can be done as I don't see any options for stacking plots for waveform graphs in LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(12,953 Views)
Hi

Just place a waveform graph on the front panel. Right-click the Y scale and select "Duplicate Scale" and that's it. In the properties window of the graph you can assign the plots to the scale.

Hope this helps.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(12,949 Views)

Thomas,

Can I create stacked plots with waveform graphs as one can do with waveform charts...i.e., viewing graph plots as multiple vertical scales.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(12,944 Views)
No.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(12,932 Views)
why no? 😛
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(12,731 Views)
Because stacking is not a possible feature of a graph - only a chart. You can have multiple scales though, as explained here.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(12,723 Views)
Of course I know that.... my question is why is has not implemented that why.... why graph doesn have that option. I can use only graphs as charts cannot handle the amount of data I have to display, and I have only 2 sides of the graph for multiple scales.... awfull. Decimation is not an option.

Rigth now I am stacking different graphs but that is really painfull for plot names, scales, etc.

Any ideas?

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(12,715 Views)

I have no idea why stacking was not implemented for graphs. I've never had much need for it and haven't look at options other than stacking separate graphs. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

For product suggestions, you should go to http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm&temp1=&node=

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(12,704 Views)
While it's not exactly the same as "stack plots" on a waveform chart, you can use a mixed signal graph to accomplish what you want.

Drop a MSG.  Right click on plot area and choose "Add Plot area".  Wire your data to the graph and run (so you have however many plots, lets assume two).  Assign the plots to the scales such that one is on each plot area.

J

Jason King
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 9 of 13
(12,683 Views)
thanks, that will do it Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(12,655 Views)