From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve -200561 error in DAQ

Hello, 

I am using CB-68LP form the NI, and I am getting  -200561 error  Attempted writing analog data that is too large or too small, specified range is -10 to 10.

Could you please guide me what is possible reason for this error and how can I solve it.

I have attached here my vi and the screen shot of error msg.

Thank you very much in advance. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,607 Views)

Hi Ankit,

the error message is pretty clear: you have set the (standard) range of [-10, 10] for the AO channel, but you try to write a "100". You should limit your output values to the specified range!

Either use InRangeAndCoerce or set proper output limits for your PID control!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(4,595 Views)

@AnkitRamani wrote:

Hello, 

I am using CB-68LP form the NI, and I am getting  -200561 error  Attempted writing analog data that is too large or too small, specified range is -10 to 10.

Check your code, You're writing analog voltages at four places (circled in Blue), out of which lower two will write '0' (zero) so it has no issues (Green check mark). If you see the left analog writing attempt (question mark in Yelow), where the code will write 'voltage for small actuator' value, you want to make sure that this value must be
"-10 <= value <= 10".

And last analog writing function is used in the third frame of 'Flat Sequence' structure, that is certainly causing issue, because the PID VI's output will be any value between -100 to 100 (PID VI's 'output' always depends on the 'output range' input of the same VI).

Now either you can wire 'output range' input to PID VI or you want to coerce the 'output' of PID vi to a range of -10 to 10 before it goes to Analog wirte VI.

Issues

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 3 of 5
(4,585 Views)

This is clear:

Possible reason(s):

Attempted writing analog data that is too large or too small. Change Minimum Value and Maximum Value to reflect the range of the channel.

Data: -91.593652
Specified Range Minimum: -10.0
Specified Range Maximum: 10.0

But the reason suggests a way to "Change Minimum and Maximum Value".  That implies that there is a method of setting these.  How does one Change those Values?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,486 Views)

Hi ejones,

7 years ago there was a suggestion to coerce the data before writing to DAQmxWrite!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,473 Views)