cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show the output of the signalexpress power spectrum in data dashboard

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys.

I have made a program that collect analog data from two vibration sensors and then i use the signalexpress power spectrum to get it in the frequency domain.

I would like to show the signals and the FFT in data dashboard.

Its not possible to show the data directly becouse the XY graph in data dashboard only supports array of cluster of two numerics right ?

Is it possible to convert the data from the signalexpress power spectrum to array of cluster of two numerics ?

Or any other ideas would be appreciated

Unavngivet.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,145 Views)

Hi Genex.

For a list of supported datatypes, see list KB:

What Data Types Are Supported For Use With the Shared Variable and Web Service While Using Data Dash...

You should be able to take out the array and store that in a Network Published Shared Variable, that the Data Dashboard can use.

DataDashboardArray.png

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,115 Views)

Thanks for the reply Alex Smiley Happy

I have tried that ones and did not get the right graph 😕 maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Hope you can help me 

Unavngivet2.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,109 Views)

og det kan være vi kan snakke dansk ? Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,107 Views)

I have made a video maybe this will clarify the problem a bit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,097 Views)

Hi again.

Let's try with a simple example. That's always good practise; if you are facing some challenges, try to make a simple example and reproduce it. Most of the time, this will reveal why things didn't work in the first place.

I can see in the video, that you are not paying attention to timing, i.e. your recieving VI is just running as fast as the computer allows it to. This is normally considered back programming practise, and can lead to some unpredicted things.

Have a look at the attached example. I produce some data and store it in a Network Shared Variable, that get reads in another VI. The recieving VI is actually running at 10 time the producer speed, so it will produce underflow-warnings (code 180121602), that I'm currently not paying attention to. However, in a final application, it might be worth having a look at these warnings / errors.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,065 Views)

Thanks allot Alex that helped me find the problem. 

I have added a changed vision of your program ! 

If you run with the signal express simulate sinewave you get the same data type (Dynamic data) as i have in my queue and the error emerges. Its a factor of 10 wrong, its like taking the signal and deviding with 10.

Udklip.PNG

How to solve this is the big question.

Converting the Dynamic Data to Waveform does not work 😕

Udklip2.PNG

I'm really thankful for your support

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,055 Views)

Hi Genex.

Thanks for your example - now I fully understand your question 🙂

So, the drawback of only transmitting the array is that we are throwing all the timing information away. Meaning, how far a distance should we have between each sample?

I have added this in the code, to make it clear, and also modified the receiver part, so it should show the data correctly.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,027 Views)

ahh i see Smiley Happy

We are getting closer Smiley Very Happy

That works just fine but this is not possible when data dashboard or UI builder is the receiver or?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,018 Views)

Hi Genex.

The DataDashboard does support a XY Graph, so it should be possible to play around with your data and get a currect view. For example, the XY Graph need to have as many X-points as Y-points. You can generete these point like this:

GenerateXscale.png

And then create a NSV with the datatype of a XY Graph. For more info, also see this post:

What is the data type for the Data Dashboard XY Graph?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,997 Views)