From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup multiple daq lists on a ecu with ecu mc toolkit?

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone had the pleasure of setting up multiple DAQ lists on a ECU?

I am using ECU MC Addon for Labview 2011.  I can successfully setup a single DAQ list and read the data correctly.  This method uses DAQ list mode to initilize instead of polling, it really cuts down on CAN traffic.

I dont have my VI on this PC but it basically is ECU Connect > ECU DAQ List Initilize (sets sample rate and channel list) > ECU Transmit DAQ List to ECU > Start DAQ List > LOOP{ ECU Read } 

I need to create a second DAQ list to sample at a different speed.  Any ideas?  

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,861 Views)
i've tried 2 sets of initialize list's and start daq's, but I always get an error stating cannot initialize more than 1 daq list, which I know isn't true. I've tried flat structures to do them in series, no luck. also tried in parallel. Has anyone run into this before?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,854 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ben_jansky

I continued to play around with initialize and read commands and finally got it to work.

Sorry about the rough state of the wires, but I just got it to work 🙂

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,833 Views)

Ben,

To open a second DAQ list you will need to use the MC Database Open and MC ECU Select VIs found on the advanced palette.  Also, do you have the exact name of the VI that is doing the "ECU Transmit DAQ List to ECU" part of the sequence?

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,828 Views)

My revised VI is:

... >  ECU Connect > ECU DAQ List Initilize (sets sample rate and channel list) > ECU DAQ List Initialize #2 (sets sample rate and channel list) > 2 Parallel Loops of ECU Read

The ECU DAQ Initialize or the ECU Read VI's appear to transmit the DAQ list to the ECM, so I removed those VIs.  The ECU appears to also start transmitting the channels without a need for the ECU DAQ Start.

FYI, the  "ECU Transmit DAQ List to ECU" was  "MC DAQ Start Stop .vi" with the mode set to "transmit daq list to ecu".

Its running great, I am able to run this on a cRIO & 985x or a USB-8473.  Now I am just working on setting up TDMS data logging.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,824 Views)