This widget could not be displayed.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set front panel size to be same as one led?

Hello All,

LV2010

In documentation reads that minimum front panel size is one pixel. I need to create front panel which have same size as one led (see attachment). I'm not able to make front enough small just by dragging window borders. I also tried to change front panel size from File->Vi properties ->Window size but that didn't helped. How I can set front panel to smaller size?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,578 Views)

Can you downgrade the vi in 2009 and update ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,573 Views)

I think I got itSmiley Happy

In the window apperance option I removed everything except "Allow user to resize window" And the Run options. Then I ran the VI (continuosly since there is no loop) and resized it. After I stopped it, I then removed  "Allow user to resize window" from the window apperance options.

P.S! If you try to resize my Vi now, it will pop back out for some reason. 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
Message 3 of 7
(3,567 Views)

You could leave the front panel the size that it is and apply transparency so that only the LED is showing. The window would still be larger but look to be just the LED if applied correctly.

Have a look at this thread, and in particular tst's post down at the bottom with the attachment 'shaped window.zip'

That said, I can't help but wonder why you would want a front panel that small!

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,566 Views)

I would go with Ian's suggestion since the development window looks awful if it get's that small hehe

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,561 Views)

Thanks a lot about these ideas. I didn't mentioned that I'm creating a XControl and this small window will be a XControl facade VI. It is very important that facade panel is enough small because XControl is used as a normal control. E.g. if I have many XControl on my VI I don't want that XControl panels are one upon the other. It is very frustrating set XControls if they have larger are than is smallest component in facade VI.

I tried to apply these ideas also to facade VI but it seems to be little complicate because I can't set XControl facade to run mode.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,524 Views)

Hello,

I know this is an old thread, but I had the same problem and found a solution, which is working for me. Maybe someone finds this helpful.

Open a reference to facade.vi and set panel bounds to your needs.

Set.Facade.Size_BD.png

Well, front panel window might look strange.

FacadeVI.png

UliB

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,153 Views)