LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send (write) an audio file with .wav format to a COM port with the help of VISA write function

hello everyone

i'm doing a project ,in which i have to call a phone number and when phone is picked up by the party at the destination, ihave to play a .wav file.i have done with the vi for calling number through dialup modem using AT commands.now i need to know how to send sound over telephone line

Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer
Freelance LabVIEW and Arduino programmer.
For projects contact me ; djac791@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,130 Views)

There is no way to play an audio file on a Com port.

Instead of starting a new message you should have stuck with one of the other messages such as this one where you were asking essentially the same question.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,124 Views)

It can be done by converting the wave file to 8 bit byte stream and ten sending it to COM port.  However, write the serial data should be sent in packets of 1024 bytes for better voice clarity.  The attached VI should convert the file

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,077 Views)

Think,

Why would you respond into this thread rather than one of the others that was linked?

And outputting a wave file to a com port is NOT the same thing as "playing" a wave file on a com port which is what the OP was asking.  There is a huge difference between using a com port to communicate between a PC and something else, and outputing sound from a PC.  Completely different hardware!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,072 Views)