LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a value to a numeric indicator identified by an index

Hello,

I need to send a value to a specific numeric indicator.
Is there a simple way, a function, to do this in Labview?

I have a fixed panel with 16 indicators (1 for each channel of my acquisition system).
The data that arrives from the acquisition sistem are decimated in an array (123123123.... for 3 channels).
If this is the array of the channels [1,4,8] I want to display the values to my numeric indicator in position [1], [4], [8].
I know the channel of the single value in the array, I need to display that value in the specific numeric indicator of the channel in my panel.

I need a sort of wiring that can change dinamically with the channel number.

I've prepared a simple example to explain my way to do that (take into account that in my real situation the input positions are always different and in order).

This method works but it becomes really compicated to be reproducted in my real situation (max 16 input to 16 output) [I've already tested it with 2 channel in input to 16 numeric indicators in outputs and it has been already quite crazy].

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,610 Views)

Not sure I understand your question completely. I'd say use a shift register to maintain previous values and use replace array element function in a loop.

Spoiler
index.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,591 Views)

I am not fully understanding the question, but you should always work with arrays as much as possible. You can always index out at the end of you want seperate indicators.

Here's one possible interpretation to your problem, maybe it can give you some ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,582 Views)

Thank you very much for your answers.

The problem is that I don't have only one array to fill but 16 different indicators, in different positions on the panel, and I want to choose which of these fill.

I attached here an image of my actual panel.

The goal is to fill the numeric indicator (red square) of the channel that is active in a specific test.

When I activate channel 4 and 12 I want that their actual values appear, during acquisition, in the indicators in their respective sides.

I'm sorry for my bad explanation.

Immagine.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,572 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

You can always index out at the end of you want seperate indicators.

As Altenback said in his post, you can use index array and wire it to separate indicators.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,564 Views)
....alternately you could always fix the design of your user interface. That GUI is is guaranteed to confuse and irritate people -- as well as create errors.
There is way too many numbers and buttons and things.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,530 Views)

Can you post your VI in an earlier version of Labview not everyone has 2014.

Barddya

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,521 Views)

Thank you very much!

I've modified my program to work with arrays and now the problem is solved!

Right now I'm working with the evaluation version of LabView. Is there a simple way to understand if all the functions that I've used in my panel are included in the basic package?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,449 Views)
Isn't it possible?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,417 Views)

@Davefryx wrote:
Isn't it possible?

What is "it"?

(this is a long thread and it is not clear what you are referring to)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,413 Views)