LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run Labview exectuable on remote machine?

I am trying to use VI Server to launch a built Labview application (.exe) residing on a remote PC from a CRIO.  I need to run this .exe programmatically and I would like to do this with only the LV Run-Time Engine installed on the remote PC (Windows XP).  I am currently able to do this successfully, but only if I have the LV Development Enviroment splash screen is open on teh remote PC.  I assume this has somehting to do with the LV VI Server not running when the LV DE is closed. 

I have also tried to build a dummy LV application that runs on the remote machine indefinitely (infinite while loop) hoping this would initiate the VI Server but it doesn't seem to work either, I get Error 63.

Anyone done this before?

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,529 Views)

Have a look at this; it should answer your question:

Error 63 Using VI Server to Launch VI on Remote Machine

If you have any other questions, be sure to post back.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,521 Views)

Thanks, I've seen this one already.  I will be using a CRIO as my host so I believe ActiveX cannot be used to launch Labview on the remote PC.

I have been troubleshooting this issue bu using a PC (Win XP) for my host and client.  I have managed to get a Labview application to run as a Windows service on my remote PC and this application runs an inifinte while loop.  But even with this application running I receive Error 66 while trying to open an application reference to a VI on the client PC form the host PC.  Everyhting works fine if I have the LV splash screen open on the remote machine though. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,513 Views)

I finally got this to work!

I had enabled TCP/IP for VI Server Conifg uusing the Tools-Options menu from the project menu.  Instead, I have enabled TCP/IP for VI Server from right-click on My Computer (in the project tree) - Properties. (This also required disableing from Tools-Options).

I read another post discussing the difference between these settings locations but I need to review it...something do with the Main Instance vs. windows application instance??

Now to test with my CRIO

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,501 Views)