LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace accented character for plain characters?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a "smart" way to replace all accented characters in a string for plain characters?

For example : éÉàĉç should become eEacc

I tried to looking for a Regex or VIs native of LabVIEW, but couldn't find anything interesting so I am turning to the forum.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,217 Views)

This would seem to me to be a code page issue, or something like that.  Odds are, you can get away with simply adding or subtracting a certain "magic number" from each character hex value.  (See Windows Character Map for clues.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,206 Views)

Probably not.  Attached files show what I did for converting Unicode to lowercase.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,197 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Probably not.  Attached files show what I did for converting Unicode to lowercase.

You're right.  Upon closer inspection of the maps, there doesn't seem to be a one-to-one relationship after all.  Thanks for correcting me.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,173 Views)