From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove unwanted string

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to know how to remove unwanted string?

For example  at my indicator I received

*<ANY NUMERIC KEY TO WAKE-UP (!0 TO 9!)>*

then only I get the second line

01:24:30  23.10.15   00  0000.21  01  000.000  02  00000    03  00000.0  04 -0516.03  05 -034.063  06 <-20 UR   07  105.052

I would like to know how to remove the *<ANY NUMERIC KEY TO WAKE-UP (!0 TO 9!)>*

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,732 Views)

Is it really any number or does the string say "any number ..."?

Search and Replace String function

Replace it with an empty string.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,719 Views)

The string say

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,713 Views)
Pretty basic string manipulation. Have you taken any of the free tutorials? Have you looked at the string palette? What have you tried?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,711 Views)
Is the string says that specific thing always, then use the Search and Replace String function to replace it with whatever the heck you want. Done.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,692 Views)

No

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,688 Views)
No to what? Please use complete sentences.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,680 Views)

Come on, dude. You were just as non-descriptive in your first thread and  your last thread. We can't help you if you don't give us any information.

Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you. We are here to help, but won't spend all day guessing what you need.

I feel like I've already wasted too much time on this thread.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,660 Views)

Dennis,

I mean no.. I never attend any tutorial or watch any tutorial....

James,

I already attach the Vi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,640 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Axix

Okay... so you're using the string function correctly if that is how your string reads in from the serial port, but I'm wary of your VISA setup. Reading the number of bytes as equal to the baud rate is bogus. Look at your device communication and figure out exactly how many bytes at a time you should be reading, or use the timeout. My guess is that when you run your code right now, it sits for 10 seconds each loop before spitting out a string.

Is your original question answered/solved? Do you understand how to remove an unwanted string?

Cheers

Message 10 of 11
(3,623 Views)